Production Technology I
This course covers the quality control of any mechanical production explaining the
technological operations to incur from the set out task of design, material selection to the final product after foundry, casting, forging, to final metal finishes.
To make the students aware of different production or manufacturing processes like casting, metal forming, metal cutting and gear manufacturing.
At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Know the quality control of any mechanical production.
- Explain the technological operations in mechanical production.
- Know about sheet metal operations
A student on completing this course is expected to:
- Explain the principles involved in foundry work.
- Explain the stages involved in casting.
- Describe forging technologies.
- Perform practical involving sheet metal.