This course covers Introduction to principles of momentum, heat and mass transfer; and its
application to industrial process.
This course provides the knowledge to understand the various modes of heat transfer and the basic concept of mass transfer.
At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Develop a good understanding of physical principles underlying heat transfer.
- Outline the methodology and the quantitative approach of the process engineer and to be able to use this approach in problem-solving.
A student on completing this course is expected to:
- Outline the fundamentals of heat transfer processes occurring in natural and engineered systems
- Apply analytic procedures, numerical tools and problem-solving abilities to heat transfer problems.
- Outline and perform experimental measurement techniques for heat transfer measurements.