Rocket Health Launches Convenient USSD Code *280# Health Care Service
May 6, 2021, 4:40 pm
This course provides an overview of soil and site improvement. It covers Densification of existing materials, Introduction of Inclusions, Physical and Chemical Modification and Drainage of groundwater to reduce pore pressures. For each of the techniques appropriate applications, design parameters and techniques by which one can verify the effectiveness of the work done are covered.
By the end of this course, the student should be able to:
· Identify basic deficiencies of various soil deposits
· Describe various ways and means of improving the soil
· Implement techniques of improvement.
A student completing the course is expected to:
· Evaluate subsurface conditions to determine zones that would benefit from improvement,
· Discuss on potential strategies for improving subsurface conditions to meet project specifications,
· Develop conceptual designs of alternative soil or site improvement strategies,
· Evaluate advantages and disadvantages of candidate improvement techniques for the project in question, and
· Describe verification plans to determine if the desired objectives have been accomplished.
May 6, 2021, 10:35 am