This course introduces students to study of the mechanics of flow of liquids and gases through pipes. This course extends the study of fluid statics and dynamics to applications engineering such as in open channels, fluid machinery.
To be familiar with all the basic concepts of fluids and fluid flow phenomenon, conservation equations and their applications to fluid flow problems.
- At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of fluid static principles.
- Exhibit knowledge of fluid dynamics principles.
- Demonstrate knowledge of principles of fluid flow in pipes.
A student on completing this course is expected to:
- Determine the quantity and flow velocity of water through the pipes.
- Explain the meaning of the various terminologies related to fluid mechanics.
- Apply Bernoulli’s equation in solving fluid mechanics problems.
- Experiment with the flow velocity of water through a pipe.