Engineering Mathematics Iii
This course imparts students with knowledge & skills in Laplace transforms, Fourier
Transform, Calculus of Variations, Functions of Complex Variable, Z-Transforms & Applications of Partial Differential Equations; their applications to Engineering fields and analysis using software packages.
To Consolidate and advance the material covered in Engineering Mathematics II; Provide the mathematical tools needed in other semesters' course units and Develop the analytical and critical thinking abilities fundamental to problem-solving in Engineering.
At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Know Laplace Transforms, differential and integral equations, Fourier series and transforms Z-transform.
- Apply the concepts learnt in transforms in solving engineering problems.
A student on completing this course is expected to:
- Solve partial differential equations using Laplace Transforms.
- Apply Fourier series, and Fourier transform in solving engineering problems.
- State properties of Laplace transform, andit’s inverse.
- Compute limits and partial derivatives of functions of several variables.
- Apply change of variables in solving problems.
- Outline analytic functions and their interesting properties.
- Know conformal mappings with a few standard examples that have direct application.
- Grasp the basics of complex integration and the concept of contour integration which is important for evaluation of certain integrals encountered in practice.