Rocket Health Launches Convenient USSD Code *280# Health Care Service
May 6, 2021, 4:40 pm
The course first studies natural slopes and embankments for their stability and seepage problems. The proceeding sessions deal with applications of geosynthetic construction materials to designs of those earth structures. In the recent years, geosynthetics became very practical and economical materials to be used in earth reinforcement, filtration, pond liner, landfill liner, and many other subsurface constructions and earth structures. The class reviews different types of available geosynthetic materials, those applications, and design techniques.
By the end of this course, the student should be able to:
· Analyse and design geotechnical retaining structures
· Describe soil behavioral concepts related to lateral earth pressure theories
· Describe mobilization of soil failure for use in limit state design applications.
· Assess total stress and effective stress and related strength parameters
A student completing the course is expected to:
· Describe fundamental concepts for the analysis and design of most commonly used earth retaining structures
May 6, 2021, 10:35 am