Theory Of Machines
This course offers knowledge about the major machine parts based on theorems and
technological operations to analyze and determine the best engineering solutions to any industrial mechanism.
This course provides the knowledge on relative motion between the various parts of machine, and forces which act on them. The knowledge of this subject is very essential for mechanical students in designing the various parts of a machine.
At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Know the major machine parts based on theorems and technological operations.
- Determine the best engineering solutions to any industrial mechanism.
A student on completing this course is expected to:
- Analyze a plane mechanism
- Solve dimensional synthesis of linkages
- Analyze synthesizes of Cam and Follower system.
- Recall Gearing Terminology, Spur, Helical, Worm and Bevel Gears.
- Analyze synthesizes Synthesis of simple, reverted and planetary gear trains, Brakes, clutches, and dynamometers.