Rocket Health Launches Convenient USSD Code *280# Health Care Service
May 6, 2021, 4:40 pm
The course covers concepts and methods of transportation planning, including network modeling, travel demand forecasting, and systems evaluation of multi-modal transportation systems.
By the end of this course, the student should be able to:
· Explain why transport planning is a necessary aspect of governance.
· Discriminate and interpret between different policy options and their implications.
· Analyse the relationships between demand and supply in transport planning.
· Describe the transport policy process and key issues determining policy options.
· Describe the transport planning modelling process and options.
· Examine and evaluate conventional and emerging modelling
A student completing the course is expected to:
· Describe recent trends in transport and the major drivers behind travel behaviour
· Explain the transport planning process
· Discuss on data requirements for transport planning
· Explain the governance of transport and transport policy.
· Discuss on current guidance on transport and land use planning,
· Describe a wide range of ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ transport planning measures available to transport planners
· Explain on new transport planning modelling methods.
· Describe the four stage modelling process of trip assignment.
May 6, 2021, 10:35 am