Rocket Health Launches Convenient USSD Code *280# Health Care Service
May 6, 2021, 4:40 pm
This course covers driver behaviour and interactions between vehicle, road and traffic environment. Planning, design, regulation and operation of road traffic facilities, traffic policy objectives, safe and efficient use of existing transport infrastructure, traffic legislation and road traffic regulations, the design of sustainable road traffic facilities, measures to share the road space between different traffic modes to ensure accessibility, safety, better environment and sustainable development are all covered.
By the end of this course, the student should be able to:
· Describe the fundamental traffic flow theories and identify basic traffic variables and their relationships including speed, density and flow.
· Analyse a variety of traffic facilities and evaluate capacity and level of service (LOS).
· Design signalized intersections including isolated, coordinated and roundabouts.
· Assess, evaluate and justify methods of traffic management and control.
· Describe the use of advanced simulation methods for the analysis of traffic systems and software tools for the design of traffic control strategies.
· Evaluate traffic impacts on the environment and safety.
· Calculate and apply methods for reducing traffic impacts on communities such as traffic calming strategies, accident reductions and parking management.
· Describe the role of ITS in Dynamic Traffic Management.
A student completing the course is expected to:
· Describe fundamental knowledge of traffic flow theory and its application methods for capacity analysis, design, management, operation and selection of control method for road traffic facilities with regard to traffic performance and safety.
May 6, 2021, 10:35 am