This course is meant to introduce, expose and generate interest among students to research. It
will offer a basis for preparing undergraduate students for a more detailed study of advanced, specialized and demanding aspects of educational research. Emphasis will be placed on the basic steps of why and the appropriate methods of how research is carried out.
At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Outline the importance of research.
- Apply appropriate methods in carrying out research.
A student on completing this course is expected to:
- Develop a plan of research of their choice
- Recall the key steps followed in a research process
- Recognize various characteristics of research
- Carry out investigation and evaluation of educational research studies
- Explain the learning techniques of research