Engineering Mathematics Iv
This course deals with the application of various numerical techniques in solving problems in
Differential Equations, Partial Differential Equations, as encountered in Engineering fields, with the use of software packages.
This Lab Course will enable the students to understand the fundamentals and programming knowledge in MATLAB
- At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Apply the numerical methods in solving scientific and engineering problems.
- Analyze data using the available software packages, e.g. MATLAB.
A student on completing this course is expected to:
- Find the roots of the non-linear equation.
- Solve a system of a non-linear equation.
- Interpolate to find the intermediate values within a table of values.
- Find efficient and effective approximations of the functions.
- Fit an appropriate curve through a given set of points.
- Find derivatives, when the function is known only as table of values.
- Use MATLAB to solve engineering problems employing methods learnt theoretically.