Engineering Design And Development
This course offers knowledge about design principals and development for technological
operations to take place as engineering solutions to any industrial mechanism.
To study the basic design principles and apply the principles to the design of various elements encountered in Mechanical machines.
At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Design for strength and rigidity considerations, stress concentration, design for fatigue, eccentric loading
- Design welded and riveted joints for fabricated structures and pressure vessels, bolted joints, screw, struts, and columns.
A student on completing this course is expected to:
- Design shaft, keys, rigid and flexible coupling, belt, chain and gear drives, clutches, and brakes.
- Design of spring Interference joints for force and torque transmission
- Design simulation System models