Hydraulic And Pneumatic Systems
The study of hydraulic and pneumatic systems is applicable in a very wide range of
operations which is very necessary for different pressure to move bulky loads. The study allows for proper repair procedures
To train the students in a hydraulic and pneumatic circuit design using different control devices.
At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Identify hydraulic and pneumatic operations, systems, and components.
- Explain the characteristics of each system.
- Explain the operations of hydraulic pumps and hydraulic systems.
- Explain compressor operations.
- Identify various system components.
- Disassemble, inspect, and test the operation of various pumps.
- Disassemble and inspect gear pumps.
A student on completing this course is expected to:
- Disassemble and inspect vane pumps.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of each system.
- Disassemble and inspect piston pumps.
- Test pump operations on a hydraulic trainer.
- Identify the basic principles of hydraulic power.
- Explain Pascal’s Law.
- Perform calculations of hydraulics.
- Explain the correlation between force, pressure, and area.
- Identify and use industrial maintenance reference
- Sources in the library to investigate relevant topics in industrial maintenance.
- Wear proper safety apparel.