The purpose of the
course is to enable students learn the basic skills of using a computer as a
central tool for pursuing their studies. It provides a general introduction to
the broad aspects of computer systems, how it works, a brief history of the
computers and the basic components of a computer. In addition, students will be
grounded in the proper use of the Internet for research.
By the end of this
course, the student should be able to:
how a computer works.
computer skills in engineering fields.
the computer system.
A student on
completing this course is expected to:
- Identify the various parts of a computer systems
and what each does.
- Explain the various Operating Systems.
- Identify major software applications and what
- Use internet for various research and networking.
- Assemble different parts of a computer.