Breaking News: Prince Philip Dies at 99
April 9, 2021, 3:56 pm
This course deals with basic geological materials and earth processes and how they influence mechanical behaviour and capacity of engineering materials, processes and structures. The linkage to Rock Mechanics and Hydrogeology are emphasized. It is divided into physical and historical Geology.
This course provides understanding of the basics and application of engineering geology technology
By the end of this course, the student should be able to:
· outline the importance of geotechnical investigation in civil engineering structural design
· Carry out geotechnical site investigations for Civil Engineering projects.
· Utilize knowledge about the earth structure, surface processes, sedimentology, geormorphology, sedimentation and stratigraphy.
· Establish linkage to rock mechanics and hydrogeology
A student on completing this course is expected to:
· Assess the influence of geological factors on the conception, location, planning, feasibility, design, construction, cost, safety and management of Civil Engineering works.
· Choose appropriate geological materials that can be used for specific Civil Engineering projects.
· Evaluate the effects of geological processes on Civil Engineering activities and structures.
April 9, 2021, 6:25 am
April 8, 2021, 7:05 pm
April 8, 2021, 2:57 pm
April 8, 2021, 2:15 pm