Team Project Design
This course integrates the mechanical engineering concepts learned to come up with a simple
mechanical engineering project design and implementation using various techniques and procedures in the correct preparation and presentation of the technical report in a group setting.
At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Integrate the mechanical engineering concepts learned to come up with a simple mechanical engineering project in a group setting.
- Present an item or component or solution to a problem to a panel of examiners.
- Produce a project report that is word processed and in bound form and orally present the report to a panel of examiners
A student on completing this course is expected to:
- Design and construct a working device or model that meets preset constraints and specifications.
- Carry out basic literature survey that pertains to the mechanical design problem
- Write a technical report on a small engineering design problem being carried out
- Learn to work as an engineering team.
- Apply drawing and sketching skills to communicate design and engineering information graphically.
- Deliver individual and team presentations on engineering design projects and topics.