Office of the Vice-Chancellor
Ref: KIU/MM/VC/26 3rd January 2022
- I take this opportunity to wish each one of you a happy 2022, and hope and pray that the new year brings to each one of us great blessings and success. I remind each one of you that Covid-19 is still a big existential challenge that if taken for granted can limit the achievement of academic and life ambitions and goals.
- Please comply with all the SOPs and directives by the Government of the Republic of Uganda and those that are KIU Specific. Any breach of the SOPs will attract administrative action.
- This circular is intended for both students and staff at the KIU Western Campus.
- As always, in case of any further clarifications or queries, please do not hesitate to contact your respective School, or Faculty, or the Director of Academic Affairs.
- Students who are legible for Community Placements, COBERMS, Industrial Training, School Practice, etc are advised to liaise with their respective Faculties/Schools for appropriate scheduling and deployment.
- Students under BTVET/UNMEB will liaise with the respective Faculty/School for further guidance.
- For schedules of Clinical Rotations and Practice at the KIU Teaching and Research Hospital and other Teaching and Training hospitals (Kiryandongo, and the Regional Referral Hospitals namely: FortPortal, Mubende, Hoima, Jinja, and Lira) students are advised to liaise with the respective Dean of Faculty or School for further guidance.
- For the Nursing courses, please liaise with the Dean School of Nursing Sciences as regards your schedules.
- Where it is indicated “All other continuing students” it refers to students undertaking health-related Programmes in year 1 Semester 2 and above, and for students undertaking non-health-related courses in Year 2 Semester 1 and above).
- Where further clarification is needed, please contact the office of the DAA at the Campus or your respective Faculty or School.
Download the 2022 Academic Calendar for Western Campus
Prof. M. Mpezamihigo