Kampala International University (KIU) founded in 2001 is a private chartered University in the Republic of Uganda. It is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, the Association of Africa Universities as well as the Inter-University Council of East Africa.
The University offers academic excellence and a vibrant education at the main campus in Kampala located along Kansanga Ggaba road and the western campus in Ishaka- Bushenyi (about 300km from Kampala).
KIU is a regional leader in higher education because of its ability to attract highly accomplished students and scholars from around the world. The University offers a variety of programmes in Health Sciences, Science and Technology, Engineering, Business and Management, Law, Humanities, and Education.
Our Mission is to respond to societal needs by designing and delivering an education guided by the principles and values of respect for society, economy, and environment.
KIU seeks applications for this position
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER OF THE KIU TEACHING HOSPITAL
Tenure: 3 Year Renewable Contract
Reports to: The Hospital Board
Duty Station: Kampala International University Teaching Hospital, Ishaka, Bushenyi
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide leadership and overall administrative management to all operations of the University hospital.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic and operational leadership to the establishment of the hospital
- Recommend hospital policy positions concerning legislation, government administrative policies, and other policy matters
- Monitor the adequacy of the hospital’s medical activities through coordination with the board, the medical and nursing staff, and enact policies to assure excellent health care services
- Ensure the sound fiscal operation of the hospital including timely, accurate, and comprehensive development of an annual budget and its implementation
- Plan for the maintenance and purchasing of capital equipment and obtain approval for capital purchases above specified threshold
- Encourage the integration of the hospital in the community by using effective communication and public relations skills
- Communicate with staff and volunteers to improve service and to generate community involvement with the hospital
- Work with legislators, regulatory agencies, and representatives of the industry to ensure that legislative and regulatory policies promote the health of the community and do not place unmanageable encumbrances on the hospital
- Plan for the use of physical resources of the hospital and insure against physical damages
- Ensure compliance with the regulations of governing hospitals and the rules of accrediting bodies by continually monitoring the hospital’s service delivery and initiating changes as approved by the board
- Perform any other functions as may be assigned by the Board
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Should have a Masters Degree from a recognized university/institution
- A first degree in Human Medicine/Dentistry will be an added advantage
- Should have proven experience in hospital administration and management at a senior level from a reputable hospital
- Should demonstrate leadership, organizational and human relationship skills
All interested candidates should route their applications by attaching copies of all their academic transcripts, certificates, and any other relevant documents and send them to: [email protected] OR [email protected] by close of business on Wednesday, 30th June 2021