Kampala International University (KIU) founded in 2001 is a private chartered University in the Republic of Uganda. It is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, the Association of Africa Universities as well as the Inter-University Council of East Africa.
The University offers academic excellence and a vibrant education at the main campus in Kampala located along Kansanga Ggaba road and the western campus in Ishaka- Bushenyi (about 300km from Kampala).
KIU is a regional leader in higher education because of its ability to attract highly accomplished students and scholars from around the world. The University offers a variety of programmes in Health Sciences, Science and Technology, Engineering, Business and Management, Law, Humanities, and Education.
Our Mission is to respond to societal needs by designing and delivering an education guided by the principles and values of respect for society, economy, and environment.
KIU seeks applications for this position:
DEPUTY DIRECTOR CLINICAL SERVICES OF THE KIU TEACHING HOSPITAL
Tenure: 3 Year Renewable Contract
Reports to: The Hospital Board
Duty Station: Kampala International University Teaching Hospital, Ishaka, Bushenyi
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To assist the Director of Clinical Services in managing the activities in the hospital.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To assist the Director in overseeing the implementation of the KIUTH SOPs to ensure full compliance by staff, students, patients, and other members of the public who access the University hospital and its services.
- Carry out clinical audits and quality improvement plans as approved by the various organs of the University hospital alongside the Director.
- Work hand in hand with the Director to periodically monitor and evaluate all University hospital services like Antenatal, Postnatal, Family Planning, HIV screening and Counseling, PMTCT, Child immunization, all clinical departments, community linkages.
- Assist the Director in providing continuous staff training and education.
- Work hand in hand with the Director in assessment and designing of new facilities, remodeling of current facilities, and support overall clinical operations.
- Supervise all clinical and administrative hospital personnel.
- Encourage the integration of the hospital in the community by using effective communication and public relations skills.
- Communicates with staff and volunteers to improve service and to generate community involvement with the hospital.
- Perform any other functions as may be assigned by the Director
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Should have a Master's degree and holder of an undergraduate degree in Human medicine or Dentistry from a recognized university/institution.
- Should have proven experience in hospital administration and management from a reputable hospital.
- Should have expertise in handling human resources, teamwork, and conflict resolution.
All interested candidates should route their applications by attaching copies of all their academic transcripts, certificates, and any other relevant documents and send them to: [email protected] OR [email protected] by close of business on Wednesday, 30th June 2021