Kampala International University (KIU) founded in 2001 is a private chartered University in the Republic of Uganda. It is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, the Association of Africa Universities as well as the Inter-University Council of East Africa.
The University offers academic excellence and a vibrant education at the main campus in Kampala located along Kansanga Ggaba road and the western campus in Ishaka- Bushenyi (about 300km from Kampala).
KIU is a regional leader in higher education because of its ability to attract highly accomplished students and scholars from around the world. The University offers a variety of programmes in Health Sciences, Science and Technology, Engineering, Business and Management, Law, Humanities, and Education.
Our Mission is to respond to societal needs by designing and delivering an education guided by the principles and values of respect for society, economy, and environment.
KIU seeks applications for this position:
HOSPITAL ADMINISTRATOR OF THE KIU TEACHING HOSPITAL
Tenure: 3 Year Renewable Contract
Reports to: The Hospital Board
Duty Station: Kampala International University Teaching Hospital, Ishaka, Bushenyi
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To be the liaison between all the offices within the hospital and the hospital’s management.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Should have proven experience in hospital administration and management from a reputable hospital
- Manage the hiring, training, and evaluation of human resources
- Procure funding through fundraising and community partnerships
- Serve as a liaison between the facility staff, government, and patients
- Oversee the collection, securitization, and utilization of both patient and facility data
- Architect short, medium, and long term organizational strategies
- Ensure compliance with government policies and insurance reimbursement
- Develop new policies and procedures to better serve the patient population
- Streamline both financial and operational practices
- Perform any other functions as may be assigned by the Board
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILL & COMPETENCIES:
- Should have a Master's degree from a recognized university/institution.
- Proven experience in hospital administration and management at a senior level in a reputable hospital will be added advantage.
- Should be innovative, trainable, and have good organizational skills.
All interested candidates should route their applications by attaching copies of all their academic transcripts, certificates, and any other relevant documents and send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com by close of business on Wednesday, 30th June 2021