On Thursday, 17th 2022, Vice-Chancellor Prof Mouhamad Mpezamihigo will be among the speakers in an International Conference titled, Critical Issues for AU-EU Collaboration on Health and Science organized by the Research Advisors and Experts Europe (RAEE).
Tomorrow, Prof. Mpezamihigo is the Chair of Virus Outbreak Data Network (VODAN) Africa and leads the capacity building programme for online learning in Health, Data Science and Education at the Digital Innovation and Skills Hub in South Sudan, Sudan, Somalia, and Ethiopia will be speaking on The Power of Reverse Linkages in Entering the Digital Era of Education and Health.
The conference is a follow-up to the global call for action by scientists and researchers around the world on the need for equity in the global vaccine supply because rich countries were buying up all the vaccines without regard to the needs of the low-income countries, especially in Africa. This event is going to deepen that conversation.
The Conference opening address will be given by Hon. Chief Fortune Charumbira, Acting President of the Pan African Parliament, while the Director-General of WHO, Dr. Tedros Gebreyesus is expected to give the keynote address
Other conference speakers are as follows:
- Lieve Fransen - Board Member Public Health Foundation
- Dr. Francisca Oladipo - University of Lokoja, Nigeria
- Reginald Nalugala - Tangaza University College, Kenya
- Ronald de Jong - Professor of Practice at Tilburg University
- Julia Duncan Cassell, Former Minister of Gender and Social Protection, Liberia - Closing Address
- Dr. Mirjam van Reisen - Leiden University, Tilburg University
Date: February 17th, 2022
Time: 2:00pm – 5:00pm EAT
Registration link: https://bit.ly/3Bodv3R