The leading private university in Uganda, Kampala International University (KIU), seeks to recruit Senior Researchers, Grant Writers, Post Doctoral Fellows, and Supervisors. Below are the duties and responsibilities of the advertised roles.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead the University Research and Innovation Agenda implementation
- Offer supervision and mentorship support to Ph.D. and Postdoctoral candidates.
- Write and win grants and other forms of funding for academic research and interventional purposes
- Mentor and train staff in grant writing, publications, and innovations
- Support internal and external partnerships and collaborations
- Be part of a Research and Innovation team
- Take up administrative and management portfolios in research and Innovations Management
- Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as may be determined by the University Management
Remuneration: Attractive package and subject to merit, experiences, and capacity to deliver on targets
- Must have a Ph.D as a minimum qualification for PhD and Postdoctoral fellows and supervision.
- Master's Degree and holders of additional professional qualifications in case of Health Scientists
- Minimum of a Master's Degree for grant writers
- Must have an established academic and research profile.
- Demonstrate experience and capacity to deliver on the expectations of the University
- Must be able to work and fit in an environment of a fast-growing University.
- Delivery of Research-based projects.
How to apply:
Email your detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), Scanned copies of Academic papers, and 2 professional reference letters to the following emails: [email protected] and [email protected].
Clearly state the position you have applied for in the email subject line.
Call: +256 - 700 579194 / +256 -784 211283 for any inquiries.
Note: Successful applicants will be published.
Deadline for applications: 30th August 2023