Following the Presidential Directive of 6th June 2021, to close all educational institutions for 42 days in order to curb the spread of Covid-19 pandemic in the Country, and the subsequent consultations with the various stakeholders of the University, and on behalf of Senate, it has been resolved as follows:
- All students are expected to immediately return to their homes and continue ONLINE studies and related academic activities effective 14th June 2021. Visit the University Website and the Learning Management System for details.
- All scheduled teaching and learning will continue ONLINE. Further guidelines can be electronically obtained from the various Faculties, Schools, and Colleges. Academic staff are expected to continue content upload and preparations for online teaching and exams.
- Continuous Assessments and Tests (CATs) for the April 2021 intake students will be conducted ONLINE from the 21ST JUNE 2021.
- End of Semester Exams for the January 2021 intake will be conducted ONLINE from the 28TH JUNE 2021.
- End of Semester Exams for the April 2021 intake will be conducted ONLINE from the 19TH JULY 2021.
- In all cases, Timetables for CATs and or End of Semester Exams will be communicated in good time to allow for proper planning by both students and staff.
- Only students who will have cleared all outstanding University dues will have access to CATs and End of Semester Exams. Contact the Finance Directorate for guidance on how to clear your outstanding dues. Any student who attempts exams without financial clearance will have their results canceled and action taken as per the University examination policies and regulations.
- Any student who intends NOT TO DO the scheduled ONLINE CATs and Exams is required to write to their respective Faculty/School/College informing them accordingly, 7 (seven) days before the due date of the CATs or exam. Otherwise, missing of CATs and or Exams may be considered as an abscondment and attracts action by the University Senate.
- Essential University Services at both the Main and Western Campuses, including operations of the KIU Teaching and Research Hospital (KIUTH), will remain operational but with strict observance of the Standard Operating Procedures.
- The commencement of Semester II, 2020/2021 Academic Year for students at the Western Campus initially scheduled for 7th June 2021, will resume ONLINE from the 14th June 2021.
- Academic staff are expected to continue teaching online and clear any outstanding marking and processing of student results. Please contact your appropriate department/School/Faculty/College to ensure that there are no unnecessary delays and that all activities are conducted in strict observance of the MOH and University-based SOPs.
- Face-to-Face academic activities of Semester I, 2020/2021 Academic Year for students in Clinical and Pathology classes in the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry have been immediately suspended until further notice. Students under this category are advised to return to their homes with immediate effect. Instead, efforts will be made to keep students active online where appropriate.
- Senior House Officers (SHOs) pursuing Masters of Medicine programmes in the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry will remain on duty in the Hospitals to offer clinical services.
- All undergraduate students in clinical placement sites, industrial training sites, fieldwork, and any other off-campus university activities are informed to return to their respective homes.
- All students residing in University hostels are advised to vacate with their belongings to ensure the safety of their property and the University.
Finally, we would like to advise all our students and staff to go for Covid-19 tests and vaccination as per the Ministry of Health’s programme, while each one of us takes responsibility to remain safe and in full compliance with the Covid-19 SOPs.
Any further queries should be directed to the University Officials as follows:
Main Campus: Customer Care: WhatsApp: +256700100401 AND +256787333622, Email: [email protected]; Finance: [email protected]; Director Academic Affairs: [email protected]
Western Campus: Customer Care: +256705988599; Finance: Tel: +256782339048, Email- [email protected]; Director Academic Affairs: Tel: +256772442224
Email: [email protected]