Human Anatomy, B.Sc
Eligible candidates for this programme shall be drawn from four (4) entry points which are available for a person wishing to enter the Bachelor of Science in Anatomy program:
Holders of the Advanced (A) level certificate
In order to be eligible for direct entry into the program, a candidate must have:
- Sat and passed the Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) examination or its equivalent and obtained a certificate in it with passes in at least five subjects taken at the same sitting.
- Sat and passed the Uganda Advanced Level School certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent with at least two (2) principal passes in Biology and Chemistry, and at least one (1) subsidiary pass in either Physics or Mathematics
Holders of Kenya School Certificate of Education
In order to be eligible for direct entry into the BSc anatomy program, a candidate must:
- Hold a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with a minimum mean grade of C+ (Plus)
- Have obtained a C+ in each of the four cluster subjects as shown below:
Holders of School Certificate Graded in Percentages and Average Points:
In order to be eligible for direct entry into the BSc anatomy program, a candidate whose final high school marks are graded in percentages and average point systems such as Sudan, The Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Rwanda and Burundi must have their grades first equated or standardized by UNEB before seeking KIU admission.
Holders of Diploma in Medical Sciences:
In order to be eligible for admission into the BSc anatomy program, a candidate must:
- Possess a good diploma or its equivalent in a health related field such as Clinical Medicine, Medical Laboratory Technology, Radiography, Public Health, Dental Health, Advanced Nursing, Registered Nursing and Pharmacy Technology.
- The Institution from which such a qualification was obtained must be recognized by KIU Senate.