The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Directorate of Kampala International University is essentially is responsible for the governance of KIU information systems and the strategic use of information, communication and network technology. The unit also ensures that the efficiency and effectiveness of KIU functions and operations are enhanced through the strategic use of information technology and supports KIU to reach its strategic goals in both education and research, as well as enhancing the students experience.
The objectives of the ICT department include:
- To provide and deliver technical support and assistance on hardware, software and systems for all administrative and academic functions using the latest hardware technology and software applications.
- To work closely with systems and users to define, design and implement solutions which meet user needs.
- To provide in-house maintenance, trouble shooting and training for office personnel using various levels of ICT applications.
Philosophy and Strategy
The broad strategy and philosophy of the unit are:
- To develop a resilient and state of the art infrastructure
- To harness ICT to build a knowledge based community at KIU
- To enhance and innovate new ICT products and services to support teaching, learning and research at KIU
- To develop people ware to ensure a high level of ICT skills among the community
To provide a university wide access to and utilization of ICT to enhance the position of KIU as a Centre of Excellence in research and education, as well as a major contributor to the sustainable development of society.
To be recognized as a high performance team providing technology excellence that advances learning, teaching, research, student information in alignment with KIU’s mission and goals.