Telecommunications Engineering, Diploma
Objectives the Programme
The objective of the Telecommunications Engineering Program offered by the Department of Electrical and Telecommunications Engineering at the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Kampala international university is to prepare graduates to enter and be successful in the Telecommunications Engineering profession.
Graduates are expected to become licensed professional Engineers, and to reach responsible positions in a wide range of professional settings including consulting firms, industry or government. As well, this program will prepare students to begin and successfully complete graduate studies in engineering and/or post baccalaureate education in a professional degree program.
Specifically, the objective of the programme is to equip students with appropriate knowledge and skills to enable them to:
- Acquire theoretical and practical knowledge, skills and talents needed in the world of work.
- Be employable to work in various fields like industries, government and other institutions in order to meet the Millennium and Sustainable Development Goals (i.e. Eradication of Poverty and Education for all).
Be entrepreneurs, self-employed and job creators.
- Inculcate creativity and innovativeness into Telecommunications Engineering practice.
- Be firmly grounded with ethics in Telecommunications Engineering and develop them to meet the challenges of work and socio-economic environments.
- Have a broad range of knowledge and skills necessary for a career in Telecommunications Engineering.
Develop skills in Construction Technology, Telecommunications Engineering and Production and Project Management.