The 22nd graduation ceremony for Kampala International University will be held virtually on August 22, the University Senate has announced.
The ceremony, initially slated for June, was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic as earlier announced by the University Vice-Chancellor, Dr Mouhammad Mpezamihigo, and consequently, the KIU University council and the University senate have decided that the graduation take place on Saturday, August 22, starting at 2:30 PM East African Standard Time.
“For purposes of preventing the spread of the pandemic, and in compliance with the Standard Operating Procedures by the Ministry of Health of the government of Uganda, the KIU University Council and the University Senate decided that the graduation be held online (virtual) on Saturday, 22nd August, starting at 2:30 PM East African Standard Time,” reads the announcement from the KIU University Senate and published by the Director, Academic Affairs.
According to the announcement, an online graduation clearance form is available on the university website: https://clearance.kiu.ac.ug
All potential graduands are required to fulfill all the requirements before they can be allowed to graduate and receive their academic documents. The deadline for clearance is Saturday, August 15.
The graduation ceremony will be conducted as follows;
- The entire graduation ceremony will be conducted via Zoom, the University Facebook page and website, and on YouTube, upon commencement of the convocation by the Chancellor.
- The event will also be streamed on selected TV and radio stations and therefore, no graduands and family members are expected at Campus.
- Details of the appropriate connection links will be made available on the University website (www.kiu.ac.ug) 7 days before the graduation date.
- The Chancellor will declare commencement of the 22nd KIU Graduation Ceremony online, at the stipulated date and time.
- All speeches (Chancellor, Vice-Chancellor, Chairperson University Council, Chairman Board of Trustees, Guest of Honour and the Chief Guest) will be delivered online
- Graduands’ names will be presented online by the respective Deans and Principals. A soft copy of the graduation booklet will be made available on the University Website.
- Graduands whose awards require oath-taking will be provided with the oath that is to be taken online. Each oath-taking graduand will be required to submit a signed copy of the oath before the date of graduation. Graduands in this category, are urgently required to contact their respective Deans for further details on the modalities that must be fulfilled before 15th August 2020.
- All academic awards (certificate, diploma, degree, Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters and PhDs) will be conferred by the Chancellor online
- The dissolution of the convocation and graduation ceremony by the Chancellor will be conducted online.
- The collection of academic documents will be scheduled by the Directorate of Academic Affairs in such a manner that it complies with the standard operating procedures of the University and the Ministry of Health to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Graduands can schedule when they wish to collect their academic documents by applying online: https://transcript.kiu.ac.ug
The Vice-Chancellor, on behalf of the Board of Trustees, Chancellor, University Council, Senate, Management, staff, students and all stakeholders of KIU, would like to congratulate all those who will be graduating and their guardians/parents/sponsors and wish them all the best and success in their future career paths and endeavours.