Kampala International University (KIU) founded in 2001 is a private chartered University in the Republic of Uganda. It is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, the Association of Africa Universities as well as the Inter-University Council of East Africa.
The University offers academic excellence and a vibrant education at the main campus in Kampala located along Kansanga Ggaba road and the western campus in Ishaka- Bushenyi (about 300km from Kampala).
KIU is a regional leader in higher education because of its ability to attract highly accomplished students and scholars from around the world. The University offers a variety of programmes in Health Sciences, Science and Technology, Engineering, Business and Management, Law, Humanities, and Education.
Our Mission is to respond to societal needs by designing and delivering an education guided by the principles and values of respect for society, economy, and environment.
KIU seeks applications for this position
DEPUTY VICE-CHANCELLOR ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
Tenure: 4 Year Contract
Reports to: Vice-Chancellor
Duty Station: Kampala International University, Kansanga, Kampala
Terms and Conditions: Very attractive package commensurate with the suitable Candidate
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide leadership and supervision over all the academic policies and activities of the University.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Vice-Chancellor in the performance of his functions related to the academic affairs of the University
- Advise the Vice-Chancellor on policy matters relating to academic staff, students and academic programmes
- Oversee the establishment of systems and processes for planning, development and review of academic programmes of the University
- Supervise the work of the Principals and Deans and in this regard, ensure proper implementation of curricula in all Colleges and Schools of the University
- Coordinate, in conjunction with Principals, Deans, Heads of Department and Director of Human Resource the system of staff appraisal, identify staff development and promotion needs and make relevant recommendations
- Ensure compliance in the setting and marking of all examinations in accordance with the University academic policies and guidelines
- Promote partnerships and networks for academic growth and transformation of the University
- Perform any other function as may be assigned by the University authorities
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Should have a PhD from a recognized university/institution
- Should have at least five (5) years of proven experience in teaching, research and administration, three(3) of which should have been at the rank of Dean of Faculty or its equivalent in a reputable institution
- Should be at the rank of Senior Lecturer at the time of application
- Should have demonstrated academic leadership through publication and research output
All interested candidates should route their applications by attaching copies of all their academic transcripts, certificates, and any other relevant documents and send them to: [email protected] OR [email protected] by close of business on Wednesday, 30th June 2021