Job Title: Intellectual Property Management Officer
Duty Station / Department: Center of Excellence for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (CoEEI)
Directorate: Research Innovations Consultancy and Entrepreneurship (RICE)
Responsible to: Director – RICE through the Deputy Director – CoEEI.
- Holds at least a 2nd Class Upper Bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognized university (Preference will be given to applicants with a certification in legal practice and/or proven prior professional experience in Intellectual Property Management)
- Excellent Communicator (both oral and written). Be able to communicate with a wide variety of people from various domains in both academia and industry settings.
- Proficient in the English Language (both oral and written).
- Advanced user of word processing software (e.g Microsoft Office’s Applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and any graphics software (e.g Adobe Photoshop).
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist KIU Innovators and Inventors in the drafting of Intellectual Property (IP) applications (i.e Patents, Utility Models, Trademarks, etc).
- Responsible for liaising with URSB during the filing of all final IP applications from KIU.
- Keeping records of all IP applications and tracking them throughout the filing process.
- Continuously organize events such as workshops and seminars, aimed at sensitizing the KIU community about the subject of IP rights protection and its benefits.
- Ensuring that all IP outputs from the CoEEI and KIU are digitally archived and publicized in the best interest of KIU.
- Working closely with other units of the CoEEI and the University, to ensure that no Intellectual Property within KIU, is lost due to rushed engagement with the media or the public.
- Take a leading role in the review of KIU’s IP Policy and its implementation documents.
- Preparing and presenting quarterly and annual reports on IP management activities.
- Continuously liaising with relevant Industry actors in a bid to identify the most appropriate paths to the utility of filed or granted IP Rights.
- Continuously liaising with relevant Industry actors in a bid to identify opportunities for technology transfer between the CoEEI and the Industry.
Application Deadline: 10/04/2023
Interview Date: 17/04/2023
Start Date: 1st May 2023
NOTE: All applications should be sent to [email protected] and [email protected]