What’s Happening Today?
Get to Know Your Customers Day. If boosting customer loyalty is among your business goals in 2021, mark your calendar now for Get to Know Your Customers Day—a quarterly event observed on the third Thursdays of January, April, July, and October. Consider it an opportunity to improve your customer relationships by adding names to faces, and finding out precisely what your customers love about your business and what added services and/or features might make them love it even more.
National Give Something Away Day (USA). Even though it is a US holiday, the message resonates with everyone around the globe, including in Uganda. During these harsh lockdown times, you can share with your neighbor whatever excess item you have.
What Happened Today?
1. In 1910, in his book Clinical Psychiatry, Emil Kraepelin gave a name to Alzheimer's disease, naming it after his colleague Alois Alzheimer.
2. In 1980, a five-person electoral commission was appointed to oversee the 1980 Uganda election after the return of former president Milton Obote from Tanzania. Legislative elections were held on December 10, 1980, and the Uganda People’s Congress (UPC) won 72 out of 126 seats in the National Assembly, with Obote being elected president.
3. In 2006, Twitter , one of the largest social media platforms in the world, was launched.
1. 1961 – Forrest Whitaker, American multi-award-winning actor.
2. 1992 – Wayde Van Niekerk, South African 400 meters sprinter.
Sources: Wikipedia, checkiday & fundbox.com