What’s Happening Today?
One Voice Day. One Voice Day is a global initiative to unite all countries of the world in the reading of the Universal Peace Covenant at exactly 6 p.m. UT (-6 GMT) on July 26 each year. The Universal Peace Covenant is a 577-word pledge and plea to bring families, countries and the world together in a peaceful co-existence despite our constantly changing world. During this time individuals and groups in all parts of the world unite spiritually to declare their commitment to global peace.
Holistic Therapy Day. Holistic Therapy is the practice of focusing on the body, mind, and spirit working together to help promote natural healing in the body without unnecessary procedures or medication. Use Holistic Therapy Day as an opportunity to learn more about alternative medicine and how it can make essential changes in your life.
What Happened Today?
1. In 1788, New York ratified the United States Constitution and becomes the 11th state of the United States. It is currently the economic capital of the United States.
2. In 1956, Egyptian leader Gamal Abdel Nasser nationalized the Suez Canal, following the World Bank's refusal to fund building the Aswan Dam, sparking international condemnation. The action led to the Suez war or second Arab-Israeli war, with Israel attacking Egypt supported by some foreign powers like France.
3. In 2016, Hillary Clinton became the first female nominee for President of the United States by a major political party at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia. She contested in the presidential election in November that year, winning the popular vote but losing the decisive electoral college election.
1. 1964 – Sandra Bullock, American Oscar-winning actress and currently film producer.
2. 1967 – Jason Statham, English actor famous for appearing in the Transporter movies.
Sources: Wikipedia, checkiday, daysoftheyear.com &Pinterest
Photo: New York Post