What’s Happening Today?
International Caps Lock Day. The day gives writers the freedom to write freely without worrying whether they have written in lower case or not. International Caps Lock Day pokes fun at the typographical way some Westerners use the caps lock. One of the founders, Derek Arnold, a software developer from Iowa, was quoted as saying, “…the majority of the world’s population writes in scripts which have no concept of letter casing.” The day is also celebrated on October 22nd.
International Body Piercing Day. The day recognizes the practice of body piercing and modification. It also promotes the education and awareness of both the culture and safety standards that should be practice with body piercing.
What Happened Today?
1. In 1926, Mercedes-Benz was formed by Gottlieb Daimler and Karl Benz merging their two companies.
2. In 1948, boxer Dick Turpin beat Vince Hawkins at Villa Park in Birmingham to become the first black British boxing champion in the modern era.
3. In 1997, Mike Tyson was disqualified in the third round of their World Boxing Association (WBA) Heavyweight Boxing title fight for biting a piece off Evander Holyfield's ear.
1. 1971 – Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla Inc, an American electric vehicle and clean energy company based in Palo Alto, California, and one of the richest men in the world.
2. 1992 – Ivan Lumanyika, basketballer who plays for City Oilers Basketball Club.
Sources: Wikipedia, checkiday & bornglorious.com