What’s Happening Today?
I Love My Dentist Day. This is a day dedicated to dentists for all the work they do to keep us smiling. Today you could send a thank you note or email to your dentist thanking them for the work they have done for you in the past. This might also be a good day to review brushing and flossing techniques and check when your next dental appointment is scheduled for. If you don’t love your dentist, this might be a good day to find a new one and schedule a checkup.
Decoration Day (Canada). Decoration Day began on 2 June 1890. Originally, the celebration served as a form of protest for veterans of the Battle of Ridgeway who felt that their contributions to the protection of Canada during the Fenian Raids were being overlooked by the government. The veterans placed decorations at the Canadian Volunteers Monument near Queen's Park in Toronto on the anniversary of the battle.
What Happened Today?
1. In 1946, Italians voted in a referendum to turn the country from a monarch to a republic, giving birth to the Italian Republic. After the referendum, King Umberto II was exiled having lasted a whole 34 days as head of the monarch.
2. In 1953, Queen Elizabeth II was coronated, being crowned Queen of the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Her Other Realms and Territories & Head of the Commonwealth. Her coronation was the first major international event to be televised.
3. In 2012, Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak was sentenced to life imprisonment for his role in the killing of demonstrators during the 2011 Egyptian revolution.
1. Wentworth Miller, Hollywood actor famous for playing Michael Scoffield in the TV series Prison Break.
2. 1988 – Sergio Aguero, Argentinian football striker.
Wikipedia & checkiday