What’s Happening Today?
Bank Transfer Day (USA). Bank Transfer Day encourages bank customers to transfer their cash out of big banks to credit unions. The event is in response to what critics regard as excessive fees that big banks plan to roll out, notably Bank of America's decision to charge its debit card users with a $5 monthly fee and Wells Fargo's $3 charge of the same.
International Project Management Day. The international project management day (IPM day) is intended to encourage project based organizations worldwide or organizations who utilize project management methodologies to schedule some type of recognition event within their organizations or coordinated locally with others to truly demonstrate appreciation for the achievements of project managers and their teams.
What Happened Today?
1. In 1943, Vatican City was bombed by a fascist Italian aircraft, breaching the neutrality of Vatican during the second World War.
2. In 2003, Gary Ridgeway, a serial killer also known as the Green Valley Killer plead guilty to killing 48 women in the 1980s and 1990s.
3. In 2005, scientists at Makerere University approved the use of Dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane, commonly known as DDT, a colourless, tasteless, and almost odourless crystalline chemical compound, to fight malaria in Uganda.
1. 1959 – Bryan Adams, Canadian guitarist and singer.
2. 1992 – Marco Veratti, Italian midfielder who plays for PSG in France.
Sources: Wikipedia & checkiday
Picture credit: Shareable