Kampala International University (KIU) founded in 2001 is a private chartered University in the Republic of Uganda. It is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, the Association of Africa Universities as well as the Inter-University Council of East Africa.
The University offers academic excellence and a vibrant education at the main campus in Kampala located along Kansanga Ggaba road and the western campus in Ishaka- Bushenyi (about 300km from Kampala).
KIU is a regional leader in higher education because of its ability to attract highly accomplished students and scholars from around the world. The University offers a variety of programmes in Health Sciences, Science and Technology, Engineering, Business and Management, Law, Humanities, and Education.
Our Mission is to respond to societal needs by designing and delivering an education guided by the principles and values of respect for society, economy, and environment.
KIU seeks applications for this position:
DIRECTOR CLINICAL SERVICES OF THE KIU TEACHING HOSPITAL
Tenure: 3 Year Renewable Contract
Reports to: The Hospital Board
Duty Station: Kampala International University Teaching Hospital, Ishaka, Bushenyi
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To oversee and manage the activities of the University hospital while ensuring high-level patient care.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall in charge of the Kampala International University Teaching Hospital (KIUTH) clinical services delivery.
- Oversee the implementation of the KIUTH SOPs to ensure full compliance by staff, students, patients and other members of the public who access the University hospital and its services.
- Carry out clinical audits and quality improvement plans as approved by the various organs of the hospital.
- Periodically monitor and evaluate all University hospital services like Antenatal, Postnatal, Family Planning, HIV screening and counseling, PMTCT, Child immunization, all clinical departments, community linkages.
- Be the link between the Hospital and regulatory bodies and District Health Medical teams in the greater Bushenyi area and its neighbourhood.
- Work hand in hand with the Dean Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, in ensuring continuous clinical practice and training at KIUTH and other partner regional referral and district hospitals.
- Develop and manage budgets, evaluate program performance, manage local and international donor deliverables and report on progress.
- Ensure the University hospital is operated on a self-sustaining basis, without compromising quality, while at the same time maintaining high quality and motivated workforce.
- Encourage the integration of the hospital in the community by using effective communication and public relations skills.
- Communicates with staff and volunteers to improve service and to generate community involvement with the hospital.
- Perform any other functions as may be assigned by the Board.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Should have a Master's degree with an undergraduate qualification in either Human Medicine or Dentistry from a recognized university/institution.
- Should have proven experience in hospital administration and management at a senior level from a reputable hospital.
All interested candidates should route their applications by attaching copies of all their academic transcripts, certificates, and any other relevant documents and send them to: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Wednesday, 30th June 2021